On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would try to help fix it: but its not clear to me which 'package' is
> correct or what happened to logging at all in 4.3

Solr's CHANGES has a summary:

* Slf4j/logging jars are no longer included in the Solr webapp. All logging
  jars are now in example/lib/ext. Changing logging impls is now as easy as
  updating the jars in this folder with those necessary for the logging impl
  you would like. If you are using another webapp container, these jars will
  need to go in the corresponding location for that container.
  In conjunction, the dist-excl-slf4j and dist-war-excl-slf4 build targets
  have been removed since they are redundent.  See the Slf4j documentation,
  SOLR-3706, and SOLR-4651 for more details.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com