If anyone if following this one, just an update. We are not going to upgrade to 4.5.1 in order to see if the String facet performance problem has been fixed. Instead we have made a few hacks around our data so that we can store the c-field (c_dstr_doc_sto) as long instead (c_dlng_doc_sto). So now we only need to struggle with long-facet performance. There is a performance issue with facets on longs though, but I will tell about in another mailing-thread - need your input on what solution you prefer.

Regards, Per Steffensen