Marvin Humphrey wrote on 5/13/18 11:51 AM:
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com> wrote:

Lately I've been interested in how projects end well.

The ASF's Attic process is worth thinking about in that regard. The
ASF insists that retirement serve as an inflection point, and that
stakeholders be properly informed. It's different from the uncertainty
of a codebase which slowly becomes unmaintained, which is common for
open source projects in the wild.

Agreed. I like that the cycle of life is spelled out so clearly.

I volunteer to take care of all the technical aspects of retiring the
project. I know the routine well already, having taken care of
retirement matters for eight or so Incubator podlings.

Thank you for volunteering! I gladly accept.

--
Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/