Github user fmcquillan99 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/madlib/pull/282

    There is a bit of inconsistency related to the last param `cols_to_drop`

    ```
    SELECT madlib.dropcols(
                        'houses',
                        'houses_out',
                        NULL
    );
    ```
    results in `houses_out` = 'houses' , i.e., no-op.

    But

    ```
    SELECT madlib.dropcols(
                        'houses',
                        'houses_out'
    );
    ```
    results in an error:

    ```
    ERROR:  function madlib.dropcols(unknown, unknown) does not exist
    LINE 1: SELECT madlib.dropcols(
                   ^
    HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.
    ```

    I suggest we either make the param `cols_to_drop` mandatory (preferred) or
make the 2 cases above consistent.

    Also in the user docs:

    1) please make the `dropcols` function name bold like the other utility
functions on
     http://madlib.apache.org/docs/latest/group__grp__utilities.html

    2) In the left panel, I would suggest we rename
    `Developer Database Functions` to `Utilities`
    and rename the top level
    `Utility Functions` to `Other Functions`

    What to you think?

---