Thanks ChenLiang Wang for your interest.

I would repeat Ivan's welcome to you, and I look forward to your
contributions in the area of GIS.

To answer your questions:

1.  Yes, it is possible to call PostGIS functions from MADlib.

2.  Yes, spatial statistics are suitable for MADlib.

For documentation, please refer to the Apache MADlib wiki
http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/

which includes:
Quick Start Guides

Get going with a minimum of fuss.

   - Installation Guide
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Installation+Guide>
   - Quick Start Guide for Users

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Quick+Start+Guide+for+Users>
   - Quick Start Guide for Developers

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Quick+Start+Guide+for+Developers>

As Ivan mentioned, writing down the functions you would like to build and
the interface is a good place to begin.  Then we can discuss on the open
mailing list.

Regards,
Frank