Maybe not the long term fix, but adding

<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.mahout</groupId>
     <artifactId>mahout-native-viennacl_${scala.compat.version}</artifactId>
     <scope>test</scope>
   </dependency>

to math-scala/pom.xml seems to fix the afore mentioned errors

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*