The Mahout site is moving to Jekyll with a bit if a new look and so it might be
nice to get an update of the logo.

I think the consensus was to keep the Mahout name but I didn’t get a feel for
the logo.

One concern mentioned is that Mahout is no longer attached to Hadoop (the
elephant) so the blue mahout might not be the best logo.

I’d be willing to start and chip in for a 99designs contest if everyone can
chime in about what they want.

1) should we only update the current logo?
2) should we open designs up to non-blue-man logos?
3) what should the criteria be for a winner?
4) given the new moniker Mahout-Samsara, should the logo be identified with
that in some way?

Any thoughts we can give to the contest designers will help.