I don't think there are any hard rules about what constitutes a 1.0
release, except perhaps some subjective measure of completeness, and
some measure of backwards compatibility support.  For example, Lucene
insures that every major release number (3.x, 4.x) are
index-compatible.

I don't know what the equivalent major release equivalent would be for
ManifoldCF.  We have a mature database schema which self-upgrades, so
that is not going to work in the same way as Lucene indexes.  We
*could* just keep counting: 0.7, 0.8. 0.9, 0.10, 0.11 etc.  But that
gets cumbersome too.

Karl