Hi, please see below:

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Erlend Garåsen <e.f.gara...@usit.uio.no> wrote:
> On 21.09.12 20.55, Karl Wright wrote:
>
>> I see what has happened here.  You unregistered the connectors before
>> you deleted the job.  That basically meant that the job cleanup can't
>> take place until the connector(s) it requires are registered again.
>

> That's correct, and I also see the problem now. I forgot to install the
> Filesystem connector before I did the configuration import (normally we do
> not use this connector, but I installed one as a part of a test I did).
>
> After I installed it, I do not longer get an NPE.

ok, that is good.

> Maybe our routines for upgrading MCF need to be changed. We want to be sure
> that these connectors do not need new fields in the database tables due to
> changed/new functions.

This should happen automatically if you simply reregister the
connector.  You do not need to unregister it, I am pretty sure.

 Therefore I thought this was the safest approach.
> First we export the configuration, then we uninstall all connectors by using
> the executecommand script, then deleting the tables by performing an
> "agents.Uninstall" command, then reinstall everything and finally import the
> configuration.

You definitely do not need to do all that.  Just re-register the
crawlerAgent and the connectors.  It should automatically upgrade
database tables when you do that.

> Still I cannot delete my jobs since their statuses are "cleaning up". And
> the reason is because I didn't delete my jobs prior to executing
> "crawler.UnRegisterAll"?

Once you register the missing connectors again, and have the agents
process running, the job should delete.  If this is not happening it
may just take a few minutes for things to wake up, but it should pick
up where it left off.

If it doesn't seem to recover, it may be time to look in the database
to see what the status is of all the connectors.  When you unregister
and reregister a connector, it goes through the jobs that depend on
the connector and changes their state.  If there is something wrong
with that logic then the connector will be registered but the job will
still be in the "unregistered" state.

I'll try to reproduce this situation here sometime this evening, to be
sure that everything recovers the way it is supposed to.

Karl