Hi devs

After the midterm, I continue with the proposed work and I already started
to work on the second part of the project, which is the development of an
Authority Connector for Confluence.

I have created a new branch [1] for that in my GitHub account and I already
committed the basic structure of the connector along with the code related
to Confluence instance configuration. After that I will develop the proper
strategy to get the ACLs for the user as stated in the proposal.

For this case, I have been evaluating the two scenarios contained in the
proposal and I will start developing the space-based permissions which
requires no customizations of Confluence instance (coarse grain).

I made some tests with Confluence APIs trying to go more fine-grain using
the user groups but there is not endpoint method to get the groups that can
view a specific page. So in the end, I think the space-based permission is
a good solution, because implementing a Confluence plugin for that to cover
some very specific use cases I think most people won't be willing to patch
Confluence only for those specific use cases (for example where a person is
not allowed to view a space but it is allowed to view a single page in that
space).

I have also updated the README file putting a guide to configure both
connectors using screenshots about configuration tabs for the connectors.
I'm using embedded images (using Data URIs syntax for images) but it seems
they are not supported by GitHub in the README (although they are in the
code, and other Markdown viewers can show them).

The connectors are in separated branches until I merge them into master.

Moreover, I have been talking and reviewing with Rafa through Skype the
current work, and we have agreed to track all the things also in the Jira
issue (apart from these mails), so I will put the configuration screenshots
there and the links to the GitHub repositories.

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome as always.

Regards

--------

[1]
https://github.com/adperezmorales/confluence-manifold-connector/tree/feature/authority-connector