Hi,

I have faced a situation where the MCF agent was still up but was not doing
anything after a runtime exception.

My use case was the following :
I have updated the libs used by a repository connector but forgot one.
During doc processing, a runtime exception < java.lang.NoSuchMethodError >
has been throwed because the sub dependency lib was not up to date and thus
the method called was missing. The exception was catched by the WorkerThread
and displayed < Error tossed: .. > but then nothing and the job stayed in
running status and I was not able to abort it until I killed and I restarted
the agent.

The catching clause is located in the WorkerThread class at lines 853-857. I
know this is a particular case but I am not sure that the fact the agent
hangs after this exception is a normal behavior and furthermore I can
imagine that it can happen with other unkown runtime exceptions. Is there
something we can do to avoid the agent to be hanging in those cases ?

Regards,

Julien