Hi Louis, *

sorry for posting out of the thread, but I'm not subscribet do the list
(following the discussion via mail-archive .com)

> From: Louis Suarez-Potts
> Date: 2011/5/23
> Subject: [marketing-dev] Re: ping
> To: dev@marketing.openoffice.org
>

> Let me start by stating that we, Stefan Taxhet, André Schnabel,
> Florian Effenberger, and I, will be holding a teleconference later
> this week to further put into place those things that need to be done
> to move ahead.

Let me have some words on this propsed conferece, as you seem to put
much more in this than there actually ist.

The reason for me to suggest (or agree) to such a conference is that
I want to see some common ground in our community. Unfortunately there
seems to be non common voice among those who decided not to join TDF.

As other people already mentioned - your position as Community Manager
is currently self-claimed (it does in no case fit to the definitions
according to the OOo gudelines). The Community Council did not see
elections and is missing several members. So it is hard to see you or
the current CC as "representative of the project".

Anyway - I know, that several people are still engouraged to deliver
a free Office Suite for all of our users and do this within a
community of contributors (no matter if they are volunteers, companies,
developers, translators, designers ...). So - I want to speak to those
engaged people, based on trust.

Unfortunately - you worked hard to establish distrust. Already in March
we had a talk what could be done to work on common tasks. But instead
of trying to collaborate, contact me or TDF and establish trust, you
published some rather FUDish blogs - and even continued with that after
after some clear inidcation, that this will be a problem for further
discussion. You did not even seem to understand or read my mails.

But now you publically state that we are going to "put into place
those things"? Sorry Louis - we are not there yet. First you need to
establish trust again. Either in a phone call (that was my intention to
join the call) - or by proving you have the backing of the people you
claim to represent (means hold an election or at least get an endorsement
from those who had been elected to the CC).

regards,

André