Hi,

About a year ago, the EOL banner was added for Maven 1.x. Today I saw there was
a still a maven-1.x link in the navigation from the parent POM, which I
removed, and added a single section to the bottom of the front page for
archived documentation.

Looking at http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x-eol.html, it says that the docs
will move to "archives", but that hadn't happened yet - so I did that also and
put in a redirect. Let me know if you spot any issues.

The doc also says that the SVN tree will move to the retired section - does
anyone still want to pursue that for maven-1 and maven-2? The main downside is
that it breaks old tag locations.

- Brett