http://markmail.org/thread/owemhec7vfjdnvhc

IIRC the bottom line is that some parts are hard to migrate.
For instance: we prefer to keep the plugins together, but if it's 1 repo per release-cycle project, we need a huge number of separate repo's. For the maven-release project, as being one of the most active developers on this project I didn't had the need to move it. Subversion works fine for me. However, it's an isolated project, so it is a good candidate *if* we want to move it.

thanks,
Robert