On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 09:43, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2014-11-13 um 01:40 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> > Sorry, I tried but I'm stuck with maven-plugin-testing-harness too...
>

> I have committed another changed where I have missed to assigned the
> localRepository. Though it gives me now:
>
> testReport(org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.ModulesReportTest) Time
> elapsed: 0.328 sec <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to read local module POM

Both subproject1/pom.xml and subproject2/pom.xml declare the following as their
parent:

<parent>
  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugin.projectinfo.tests</groupId>
  <artifactId>dependency-convergence</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</parent>

While this artifact is located in the parent directory, it’s in a file called
dependency-convergence-plugin-config.xml so it won't be discovered by the
normal parent rule of looking for ../pom.xml. Neither is it installed in the
local repository (test or otherwise) which is why the error occurs about the
missing dependency-convergence project.

I verified this by adding the following line to the parent config in
subproject1/pom.xml and subproject2/pom.xml:

<relativePath>../dependency-convergence-plugin-config.xml</relativePath>

I also had to change the packaging of dependency-convergence-plugin-config.xml
from ‘jar’ to ‘pom’ otherwise it would complain about the parent having the
wrong packaging.

Once that was done the tests all passed.

I’m not familiar with these tests, so I’m not sure whether these subprojects
are really meant to have the dependency-convergence artifact as their parent?
(if not then a simpler fix would be to create a new parent pom at the expected
location, and perhaps move it and the subproject modules below a ’moduletest’
folder to make the hierarchy a bit cleaner).

Anyway, hope this helps...