OK, well, classifiers works for me, then. It certainly seems like SNAPSHOTs
are  not the go-forward plan, at least, without your fix.

Is it true that you can't use 4 part versions with Maven without confusing
some logic that is hard coded to look for 1.2.3 rather than
N.N+1.N+2....N+M ? If not true, you could just step up to 4 and use up
minor minor steps.

Fred.