When you do the git reset --hard command you basically move your local
"master" branch back somewhere else in history. If you make a commit
at the point, you will not be able to push to apache, since it refuses
to rollback history.

To get out of this situation you need to do git merge origin/master
before pushing (assuming git-wip-us.apache.org is origin)

Kristian