Don't worry Kristian, you did great job in parallel Maven exec, honestly I
don't say opposite!
As the CPUs speed up and disks as well, we really need parallal executions
in Maven core.
The thing how the discussion started in emails is that i wrote some local
changes and opened PR
https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/34

IMHO the Maven is getting older and compettitors like Graddle will have
chance to get more users than Maven.
The thing is to keep current Maven users and plugin vendors and make
"stable" Maven.
Also we should introduce what people like, means sciptable languages in POM
like BashShell, Groovy.

I guess compiling Maven in Java8 no user has benefit of unless using
Java-like language in POM.
Some plugins attempt to do so already.
I am aware of the strong argument of not-cracking POM structures with code
and the idea of configuring projects on regular basis, but there should some
ballance between.