Hi,

Here's the link and agenda for tomorrow's Maven Dev Hangout:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/ca8gpunu9kht2bf3qr038s2iot0

Agenda

Anton Tanasenko (M2Eclipse committer) will be talking about and demonstrating a
new Eclipse-based editor for Modello. Modello is used heavily in Maven to
generate many of our resources from a model. We generate Java code, XSD, Xpp3
readers, and writers from our Modello models and Anton and made this much
easier with his new editor.

Igor Fedorenko will be talking about the Eclipse support for the Takari
Lifecycle and how using Takari’s incremental APIs simplifies writing Maven
plugins that are supported correctly in M2Eclipse.

Chris Hunt (Typesafe & WebJars.org), James Ward (Salesforce & WebJars.org) and
Isaac Schlueter (Creator of NPM) will be talking about how best to leverage
existing Javascript package management systems for front-end web development in
JVM-based projects.

Jason van Zyl will be talking about how to scope configuration by Mojo name in
a plugin configuration using a new MavenExecutionConfigurator extension point
in Maven Core. The Takari Lifecycle is one cohesive plugin that contains all
the Mojos for the lifecycle and without scoping configuration by Mojo name it’s
not easy to tell what configuration elements apply to a specific Mojo and there
is no way to avoid naming conflicts.

The room will likely fill up quickly like it did last week but we always like
new people joining so if you’re interested in attending come before we start
because only ten people can participate in the discussion. We’ll also start
keeping track of the individual segments and publish a summary with links to
the segments. It should be easy to watch the parts of the hangout that you’re
interested in without having to scan through the entire recording.
Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt