Hi,

Perhaps the "code signing" feature for jars should be explained, since we
already have maven-gpg-plugin [1] to sign code, that is used for years with
great success.

>From what I read on ASF signing, it adds a feature for Windows executables,
that is checked by the OS at runtime and displayed to end-users.

For jars, I don't see what we get better than gpg.
What I suppose is that if a plugin is done, it will be an Apache-specific
plugin: not same interest than doing a plugin for general public use.

What do you expect from this signing feature for jars?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-gpg-plugin/