On Mon, Jan 4, 2016, at 03:18 PM, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Op Mon, 04 Jan 2016 00:28:24 +0100 schreef Igor Fedorenko
> <i...@ifedorenko.com>:
>
> > Good you agreed we don't need to add modulepath to MavenProject :-)
> >
> > I see few ways forward with java 9 module system support in maven
> >
> > * Convince jep authors to provide a mechanism to specify modulepath in a
> > way that does not require specific file/directory naming convention. I
> > only had very cursory look at the jsr, so can't suggest anything more
> > specific at this point, but I think this approach will be the best fit
> > for maven and m2e/eclipse usecases.
>
> That would be nice, but I think it has to do with source mixtures. They
> probably don't want to force a module-info , but need a way to decide the
> name of the module. This way it becomes an auto-module which exports
> everything and requires all available modules.
> If this is indeed the reason, I think they've been too sweet. IMHO if you
> have source AND want it to be a module, just add that module-info.

Actually, for the compiler, you should be able to provide custom
JavaFileManager#getModuleLocation [1] implementation with maven-specific
module lookup logic. Not sure if there is similar extension point to do
the same for the runtime.

[1]
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/jigsaw/spec/api/javax/tools/JavaFileManager.html#getModuleLocation-javax.tools.JavaFileManager.Location-java.lang.String-

Igor