Hi,

I am working on a new Maven plugin for building Apache Flex projects. While the
Flexmojos plugin I am also maintaining seems to still be working but requiring
more and more hacks, I would like to drop that and make things cleaner in a new
plugin.

The dependency scopes defined in Maven per default are tightly linked to Javas
scopes. Unfortunately other languages tend to have more scopes. Flex for
example compiles in code that is directly referenced to the output and had
so-called "rsl" scope which results in something more similar to jars or DLLs.
The opposite -"include" - results in something like static linking, including
all (not only the referenced code parts).

Maven accepts scopes like this but outputs a warning in the beginning. I can
live with that. In older versions of Maven if think unknown scopes were handled
as "compile" scope, but this was fixed and in more recent versions I think all
scopes of transitive dependencies that are not built in to maven automatically
resolve to runtime or provided (Don't quite remember).

I know I could get rid of the warnings by providing a custom ModelValidator,
but I guess the resolutions of dependencies would still not work correctly.

Is there an extension point where I could provide a ".mvn/extensions.xml" entry
to tell Maven how to resolve the other scopes? I think I stumbled over the
component implementing the transitive resolutions one or two years ago, but I
seem to be unable to find that again. I was planning on extending that
component to work only on flex-type projects and to default back to the default
if it's not a flex project.

Any other ideas, pointers, suggestions?

Chris