Hi Rory,

I've just tested my multirelease demo project and can confirm that 8165723 is fixed in 9-ea+136-jigsaw.

thanks,
Robert

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 12:02:26 +0200, Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonn...@oracle.com> wrote:

Hi Robert & Kristian,
Early Access b136 for JDK 9 is available on java.net, summary of changes are listed here .

Can you confirm fix for:
8165723 -b136 - core-libs JarFile::isMultiRelease() method returns false when it should return true NOTE:- Build 135 included a fix for JDK-8161016 which has introduced a behavioral change to HttpURLConnection, more info: The behavior of HttpURLConnection when using a ProxySelector has been modified with this JDK release. Currently, >HttpURLConnection.connect() call would fallback to a DIRECT connection attempt if the configured proxy/proxies failed to make a connection. >This release introduces a change whereby no DIRECT connection will be attempted in such a scenario. Instead, the >HttpURLConnection.connect() method will fail and throw an IOException which occurred from the last proxy tested. This behavior now >matches with the HTTP connections made by popular web browsers. But this change will bring compatibility issues for the applications >expecting a DIRECT connection when a proxy server is down or when wrong proxies are provided.

JDK 9 Outreach Survey

In order to encourage and receive additional feedback from developers testing their applications with JDK 9,the OpenJDK Quality Outreach effort has put together a very brief survey about your experiences with JDK 9 so far.
It is available at https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/JDK9EA

We would love to hear feedback from you!

Rgds,Rory
--Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland