Am 12/20/16 um 01:58 schrieb Christian Schulte:
> 2. Collect dependency
> ---------------------
> CollectRequest.setRoot(Dependency):
> The dependency passed to this method is some *direct* dependency you got
> from somewhere. Management is considered to already be applied. This
> will become the root node of the result tree.
>
> CollectRequest.addDependency(Dependency):
> The dependencies passed to this method are considered to be *transitive*
> dependencies of the root dependency. The resolver will apply management
> to them. See above. That is different. Here they are transitive, whereas
> above they are direct. This is what was not handled consistently accross
> the various selectors.

The Javadoc clearly states the 'addDependency' method to take direct
dependencies. It may well be that I took the incorrect selector and made
the others behave the same although I should have fixed that one
selector to match the others. That's the minefield. Will take a look
again. The result is the same. So whatever that leads to will not change
the behaviour you are now seeing on master.