Am 2016-12-29 um 12:24 schrieb Guillaume Boué:
I ran them at least 10 times, and there was the timeout issue each time.
Yes, the timeout is Surefire waiting for the forked VM. I applied the
patch (I had done similar tries also) but I still have the issue on
Windows 10.

You'll find the logs attached. It seems that the download is really
advancing (inside target, I can see the file huge<numbers>txt slowly
growing), but is just taking a long time. Additionally, the test class
HugeFileDownloadTest is composed of 2 tests, downloading the same file 2
times with different parameters: from the logs, it seems one of them is
succeeding (taking 140 seconds of the 400 in total), and then it times
out performing the second.

Also, part of the issue is probably with the time it takes to create the
4 Go test file that is later downloaded through Wagon (maybe it should
be done by calling the fsutil command when the test runs on Windows).
I'll try to do more timings when running the tests with Ubuntu and see
where the difference is.

Thanks for the analysis. I think the cheapest improvement we can do is to create the file only once (setUp(), tearDown(). It is created for each test again. I do not think that this is really necessary.

What type of disks do you have? This test passes on my machine within 70 seconds on a Samsung SSD.

I will apply the patch to the branch because those fixes are necessary anyway.

Please keep me updated.

Michael