OT: how you can have a release with a majority of the PMC voting -1

1. The reasons for voting -1 must not relate to the responsibility
delegated by the board to the PMC with respect to the requirements of a
release

2. The majority of votes cast by committers + PMC must be in favour of the
release

3. At least 3 +1 votes from PMC members

4. A PMC member willing to stand up and perform the release finalisation
steps

5. The release manager declaring the vote as passed

Practically if the majority of the PMC is against the release on non-legal
grounds but the majority of the committers is in favour it would signal a
major crack in the *community* which would probably result in the board
getting involved if left festering. Also the release manager would probably
decide to cancel the vote where there is a significant minority against the
release... so it is highly unlikely that such a release would happen... but
it *could*!