Am 02/13/17 um 17:47 schrieb Guo Yunhe:
>> Don't. Don't do the same as done here:
>> https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/25/s390x/m/maven-3.3.9-6.fc25.noarch.html
>>
>> The completely disassembled your tarball and build Maven theirselves. This
>> is a non-canoncial build which we are likely not going to support! The
>> modifications to this aren't known to us. Rather untar our offical tarball
>> and rebuilt your package.
>>
>> Though, you have to grab the tarball from the Internet somehow.
>>
>> Michael
>
> I know what you worry about. But the packaging system doesn't allow internet
> download and compiled binary usually. I have to build it from source somehow.

It does not need to download the sources from somewhere? Others just
fetch the binary distribution and build a package from that. No need to
compile anything [1]. Only things you could patch are the configuration
files (like the global default settings.xml) that way. If you really
need to modify Maven sources, it's better to  present the modifications
here so that we can find a solution we can ship in the binary distribution.

[1] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write_once,_run_anywhere>

Christian