Hi,

during testing various projects to build from inside a directory "Spaces
& Special Char" I stumbled upon an issue also reported by users over the
years. I'd like to know the status on this. Do we plan to implement any
kind of escaping rules for filtering? Based on what? File extension?
MIME type? For example: When using ${project.build.directory} in an XML
file, any XML special characters need to be escaped to not create an
illegal XML file. Same for properties files as well. They do not support
UTF-8 and should be encoded appropriately. Has this already been
discussed somewhere?

Christian