Yeah -3 has issues.

I was going to investigate later today or on Monday.
Likely it's easy to fix with some fun on my behalf (benefits of being a
Jenkins core developer;-) )

When we can move to pipeline model definition life will be easier but I
need Andrew Bayer to add some syntax support for resolveScm and infra to
install Cyrille's withMaven plugin (pipeline-maven)