Am 03/18/17 um 14:04 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> Given that these new methods actually have implementations, could we see
> about having at least a unit test of the new code - since it will not be
> covered by any test.

There would be an integration test for the code. Since nothing uses it,
no way to add anything to the ITs.

> If we have no test and no usage, then we could realistically replace the
> implementations with `throw new UnsupportedOperationsException("Not
> implemented yet");` which would defeat the claimed purpose on the JIRA of
> making this code available to IDE integrators.

Throwing an UnsupportedOperationException would be an option. Reverting
the commit also would be an option.

> So I think to make "live" code available, we need at least a sanity check
> of the new code with a unit test or two... nothing fancy.

Just tell me what I should do.

a) revert the commit and postpone to 3.6.0.
b) remove the implementation and throw an UnsupportedOperationException

I do not know how the public Maven API has been versioned in the past.
The method will be needed to add support for dependency management
*import* version ranges to the model builder. If we would add this in
3.5.1, we would add methods to an interface of Maven's public API in a
patch release. No one would expect this to happen. We have done this in
the past. Just take a look at the history of the 'ModelResolver'
interface. This is something we should try to avoid to happen as much as
possible.

Christian