On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 12:20:16 +0100, Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch> wrote:

I would have thought that it was not Maven's responsibility to ascertain that test passed in various JDKs, old and new.

With the classic setup there's only one JDK and all tests are at least executed with that JDK, all out-of-the-box. In this case you can call it Maven's responsibility to execute all tests. I hope we can figure out a way to easy add the MRJAR feature to a project where everybody can keep the same assumptions as a classic jar. Up until now the multimodule setup can do that, but I have to admit, it is not perfect.

Robert