My bad - I'll explain more fully - I'm thinking of a read-only interface
for querying the data within a maven repo.  I'm thinking of something that
is entirely static. Specifically it would use JavaScript Angular/React/Vue
and static JSON or maybe projname.POM files directly from JavaScript.

I'm thinking of proposing such an app to Apache.  If the dev-list wants to
recuse itself from that, then I'm happy to go through the regular Apache
channels.

> PS.: This is more a question for the user mailing list and not for the
developers mailing list....

You're right perhaps maven (as a end-user technology) is somewhat different
to a usage of data from https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 that requires
no additional server process/tech setup.