Hello,

I am seeing a (probably) similar issue with our custom plugin.

See the reproducer:
https://github.com/psiroky/reproducers/tree/mvn351-kie-maven-plugin (works
fine with maven 3.5.0, but fails with NPE with the RC of maven 3.5.1).

I am not yet sure if the plugin is just doing something it's not supposed
to, or if this is a regression in maven itself. I'll will take a deeper
look.

Petr