thanks for your interest and feedback

Le samedi 7 octobre 2017, 12:00:32 CEST Tibor Digana a écrit :
> 78 is too much.
notice that there would also be a question on the git repos naming convention,
to avoid flat 78 names but keep at least 3 meaningful groups (plugins, shared,
resources: I think this is not absolutely necessary for doxia-tools)

> There is no problem to trigger release over sub-folders and tag it with
> prefix which is already done in SVN.
is it supported by maven-release plugin with git?

notice I did not know that git was able to tag only a subtree: but I knew I
don't yet understand every aspect of git magic... :)

> The CI build can always trigger the root and Jenkinsfile would have 41
> stages for plugins, 26 stages for Shared, etc.
> It can be done in Jenkinsfile and so the shell would not throw exception
> but status would be set instead and goes to the next stage.
> I do not know how to detect in GitSCM which sub-folder(s) received but I
> guess this can be investigated.
+1
but I don't know where to look for myself: on that point, I hope to have some
help from Jenkinsfile experts
and eventually start with svn, to have something before the git migration

> Then it can be a kind of switch-case over committed folders in Jenkinsfile.
> This means that every time another stage/sub-folder is shown in Pipeline
> which will be messy in the UI. :(
notice that we can perhaps split the repos in less parts than we have
components: on plugins, for example, we already have 4 categories [1] which
would avoid 1 repo with 41 plugins, but more something like 6+10+10+15
I suppose we could do the same for shared (reporting folder comes to my mind)

The key feasibility issue is the capacity to release a sub-component from git
with maven-release-plugin, IMHO
(taking apart the git purists idea of 1 lifecycle = 1 git repo)

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/