Hello again Maven Team,

I’ve made substantive progress towards getting the commons team a release
plugin (https://github.com/chtompki/commons-release-plugin
<https://github.com/chtompki/commons-release-plugin>). However, in my attempt
at writing plugin unit tests for the first time, I’ve found myself running into
difficulties in dealing with which dependencies need to be in the classpath to
effectively run the maven-plugin-testing-harness.

I was hoping to get another set of eyes on my work, namely the pom and the unit
test that is in flight (see the above repository), such that I can get around
these classpath issues and start writing proper tests for the plugin. It is
quite easy to see the issues that I’m having by cloning the project and running
“mvn test:"

Running org.apache.commons.release.plugin.mojos.CommonsSiteCompressionMojoTest
Jan 06, 2018 2:00:13 PM org.eclipse.sisu.inject.Logs$JULSink warn
WARNING: Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Lorg/apache/maven/artifact/transform/ArtifactTransformationManager;
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2583)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1916)

Any guidance here would be much welcomed, and moreover I can’t thank you guys
enough for the previous insights because they gave me the ability to make solid
progress on our release automation.

Many thanks and all the best,
-Rob