Uhm, there can be only one main purpose. I was trying to figure out which one. So the +1's confuse me. And maybe I forgot an option...

Robert

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 19:27:19 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

Le lundi 19 février 2018, 19:06:31 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
Without talking about the dependencies: what it the main purpose of Maven
Resolver Ant Tasks:
- is it the ability the use Maven Resolver as part of your Ant builds?
+1

This is what I would expect and why it makes sense to resolve these 2 at
once. However that would not explain the dependencies on Maven.
- is it the ability to use dependency resolution with the logic from
Maven?
+1

AFAIK resolution logic is inside the maven-resolver-provider and
not core.
ah, here, there is a misunderstanding on what "Maven core" means: here, Maven core is the full list of Maven artifacts, including maven-resolver-provider
see http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.5.2/

not only the maven-core artifact, which is only one artifact of Maven core

Yes, we're talking for years about Maven core, which is different from maven-
core artifact...

But this could be a reason to release these Ant tasks at the
same time as the Maven Distribution, so the version reflects the
resolution implementation of Maven.
yes, we could do the release of Maven Resolver Ant Tasks at the same time as
we release Maven
But I'm not sure this would really help people understand
I think we'd better do Maven Resolver Ant Tasks as a separate release vote:
easier and safer (if we find a bug like currently we found)

Regards,

Hervé

Or is it something else?

thanks,