I was about to post the stack trace when i more carefully read the output.
This dev box is not internet connected by the way.
It was missing the following
- dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
- org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire47:jar:2.19.1

The 'dummy' part threw me off, but after syncing surefire47 and it's
transitives, i'm up and running.

But where does dummy come in? I don't see it declared as a dependency and
there's no jar anywhere