Hi Jeff,

I am not an expert for Windows internals. Here is the statement [1] given
by our INFRA team. Do you think they performed same setting you have
proposed?
If it is different, you can maybe reply on JIRA and give them the hint.
[1]:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16191?focusedCommentId=16402016&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16402016

We do not have long paths in Git repo hopefully. The situation is that we
copy some sources to a newly created folder in runtime:
surefire-its/target/<created-test-folder>/src/main/java/...

Then this exceeds the length. The copy is done by Java process JDK 1.8.

Cheers
Tibor