Hi,

I'm working with infra for a good time on Git migration for site source, which
will de-facto mean that we drop Apache CMS (that only supports svn for
source): see INFRA-16088 [1]

Today, we got a first visible result: Jenkins was able to build and publish
html output of the Maven main website to svn [2]

We're now ready to switch to the new Jenkins build, then drop CMS: any
objection to do it?

The plan will be then to switch source to GitBox, to benefit from immediate
commit detection (instead of svn hourly polling): at this step, you'll be able
to do easy site source updates through GitHub, with immediate publish. I don't
see the value of adding a staging step, but if someone wants staging, it will
be a matter of Jenkinsfile tweaking.

In the temporary time with Jenkins polling on source from svn , either you'll
wait for less than 1 hour or you'll manually launch the Jenkins job

any question?

Regards,

Hervé

[2] https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-site/