Hi,

Recently, Apache distribution policy changed regarding checksums [1]: now,
SHA-256 or SHA-512 checksums are required.

This lead to discussion about changing checksums used on Maven repository
and/or Apache Nexus repository.

But Maven repository requirements and Apache source distribution requirements
are completely independant: why tie them?

I just implemented SHA-256 and SHA-512 checksums tracked through MPOM-205 [2]:
1. only for Apache source release files
2. only in local build, available in target/ directory (nothing related to
Maven repository nor deploy)

See the related Git branch [3]

Anything to add before I merge this branch to master?
And eventually launch Apache parent POM 21 release quite soon...

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM-205