I believe my employer also offers free build services for OSS projects via
our CodeShip offering. If people are concerned about tying PR validation
exclusively to one vendor we should inspect the CloudBees CodeShip
capabilities (includes Docker build agents, which can be very nice...
though I confess I have not tried CodeShip yet, despite it being a product
of my employer)

I think CircleCI also provides some stuff in that line.

We could also investigate GitHub Actions for build validation... but
further down the road that may require getting Microsoft/GitHub to provide
CPU time donations.