Le vendredi 11 janvier 2019, 12:55:03 CET Tibor Digana a écrit :
> ok, Herve, the fact is that these plugins have been updated from time to
> time.
yes, we did it in the past (years ago, look at the history) and went to the
conclusion we should not do that to improve reproducibility, unless there is a
strong reason to do it sometimes on some specific plugins
= what I'm trying to explain, for the moment without much success

What we could do would be to create a new POM to use as parent POM, that would
define the versions of every plugin from the default lifecycles: this would
avoid to have everybody to write the full list of plugins (which is a pain: I
know because in MARCHETYPES-54 [1] I added the list in Maven Archetypes...)
We could name it "maven-default-plugins", or if somebody has a better idea.
This way, changing plugins versions would not be tied to changing Maven
version

WDYT?

Regards,

Hervé