Michael,

Have a look at my Maven Repository Provisioner codebase. It does exactly what
you want and also includes dependencies and upload to a repo manager.

It now uses the Maven Resolver in the latest version so its up to date..

https://github.com/simpligility/maven-repository-tools

Specifically look at

https://github.com/simpligility/maven-repository-tools/blob/master/maven-repository-provisioner/src/main/java/com/simpligility/maven/provisioner/ArtifactRetriever.java

Manfred