Hi all,
I am going to cut a release of Maven Checkstyle Plugin during this weekend.

There are major changes, I will release 3.1.0 version:
- drop support for Java 7 (Checkstyle 8 needs java 8)
- drop support for Checkstyle  < 8.x (We have migrated to the new
Checkstyle API)
- do not resolve anymore project depedencies (This seems deprecated from
Checkstyle perspective)

Most of these works have been done with guys from Checkstyle project and
this is great because our plugin is mostly a wrapper around Checkstyle and
it is good that we work together.

Unfortunately Checkstyle 8 has major breking changes and checkstyle
configuration files taht worked on CS 6 do not work any more (I had to
change a bunch of ITs) but this is expected
and this is very appreciated from CS community because now they are free to
move forward
with the project.

Enrico