On 28 Sep 2019, at 18:21, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> I'll share shortly a discussion on a choice we need to do together to define
> how to configure reproducible builds (property name and value/format of
> current source-date-epoch defined in PoC)

Now that support for this has been released as part of the source/jar plugins,
but not yet the release plugin, I whipped up this morning a quick plugin to use
in the meantime:

  https://github.com/talios/reproducible-maven-plugin

Basically to be included in preparationGoals/completionGoals using the
apply/clear goal in each.

So far based on very quick, rudimentary tests this seems to work well (altho
I've not yet done it as part of a release, but using apply and then
building/checking my jars.

I'd be keen on any feedback...

Interestingly, whilst the class files INSIDE the jar have the correct date, the
jar this has todays - which makes sense, but I wonder if it shouldn't be the
same time for one extra step of "the exact same output"...

Mark

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to
whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." —
Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net