Hi Maven :),

I encountered an exception in my build and I'm not sure if there is something wrong with how I structure tasks in my pom.xml, or there is a room for improvement of the shade plugin.

The symptoms are as follows:

 - mvn install works just fine

 - mvn deploy fails on 'duplicate error: META-INF/service/....' while shading test jar

The reason for that seems that it includes the regular (not test-jar), and that one already includes the shaded service. When shading with the other dependencies, this fails. I managed to fix this locally with [1], but I'm not sure if this is a proper fix. I didn't fill any JIRA yet, because I wanted to check with you what the best solution should look like. I also don't know when or how this broke, but at least somewhat in early 2019 this worked. I probably changed the shade plugin to latest version later this year.

Thanks for comments and suggestions!

Jan

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-shade-plugin/pull/32