disagree

We have the repo configuration which brings a location for every Git
repository:
https://maven.apache.org/scm.html
or https://github.com/apache/maven-sources/

The relative paths are calculated against that.
And I recently even added aggregator poms to build absolutely everything in
one unique build

Regards,

Hervé