Thanks, this mechanism of toolchains seems useful, I was not aware of
it. In this particular scenario however, I would prefer to avoid having
to create a symlink manually if possible…

I think it is a fairly reasonable expectation that if a software
component is looking for a binary, it looks for it in the PATH, among
other things.

Best,
Antonin