Le jeudi 16 avril 2020, 13:06:31 CEST Elliotte Rusty Harold a écrit :
> Have we documented anywhere exactly what's going on with aether? This
> was a huge stumbling block when I first started working with the
> Mavena and Aether code a couple of years ago. There was so much old
> and out of date contradictory information out there on different web
> sites, and no way I could figure out to tell which was the most up to
> date. I'm still not sure I understand which is right. I thought it was
> org.eclipse.aether:aether, but from this thread it sounds like we
> should be getting those from org.apache.maven.resolver:maven-resolver
> instead?
our target is https://maven.apache.org/resolver/
which means:
- Maven coordinates are org.apache.maven.resolver:maven-resolver-* (which
replace former org.eclipse.aether:aether-*)
- java API in the artifacts remain org.eclipse.aether, then no code
compatibility issue between code in different coordinates
see https://maven.apache.org/resolver/apidocs/index.html

and as described previously, Maven core filters out "old Aether" Maven
coordinates:
https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.6.3/maven-core/core-extensions.html
Then plugins should import org.eclipse.aether to provide best compatibility
starting with Maven 3.1.x (which did not know about Maven Resolver new
coordinates)

HTH

Hervé