Just confirmed that I won't need these specific implementations, getting the
XMLReader via XMLReaderFactory is good enough.
Will commit this as part of MNG-6946.

Robert
On 24-6-2020 16:23:16, Elliotte Rusty Harold <elh...@ibiblio.org> wrote:
The XML handling code in this work is running into some common design
flaws in the JDK XML classes, in particular in the Factories class.

First, you probably shouldn't use SAXParserFactory or SAXParser at
all. They were added to the JDK to support SAX 1.0, and haven't been
needed for since SAX 2 was released (about 20 years ago). Modern code
should use XMLReader and XMLReaderFactory instead.

If you do stick with SAXParser, it's important to call
setNamespaceAware(true), since it's false by default, a legacy of its
use with the non-namespace supporting SAX 1.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org